Animal Liberation Action - a grassroots group working for animal liberation. ALA works primarily in the Triangle region.
Triangle Meatless Monday is a local version of the international Meatless Monday initiative, inviting everyone to try meatless dishes each Monday.
Triangle Vegetarian Society hosts at least two events per month as well as an amazing annual vegan Thanksgiving buffet.
The following links are from the previous SPARC webpage. We will add a comprehensive, updated list of recommended links soon. :D
- Duke Students Protecting Animals
- Triangle Vegetarian Society
- Humane Carolina
- Carolina Vegan Association
- Vegan Health's comprehensive and well-researched nutritional information.
- Dr Gregor, Vegan MD
- Physician's Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM) listing, which includes:
- "Recipes from around the world"
- The VeganFeast Kitchen Recipe blog of Bryanna Clark Grogan, vegan chef
- VeganMenu Photojournal of vegan meals to drool over
- Raleigh Area Vegetarian and Vegan Info
"I need to eat animal products to compete" - No, you don't!
- Brendan Brazier, Pro Ironman Triathlete
- Christine Vardaros, Pro Cyclist
- Jason Sager, Pro Mountain Biker
- Scott Jurek, Pro Ultramarathoner
- Tonya Kay, Professional Dancer
- Organic Athlete, Vegan Sports Group
- Vegan Fitness, Vegan Sports Message Board
- Vegetarian Diet for Exercise and Athletic Training and Performing